iMovie?

Reaction score
It is soooo confusing but my friend has something called iMovie HD and it looks really easy, why don't I have this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
I think you have to have Ilife but Ime not sure myn came with it.

just to let you no for the future this should be posted in movies and videos I think :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Isn't iMovie installed on your machine? If it's a new machine, iLife will come with it. Give some more information on what your system is. When did you buy it? Did you manually install Leopard on it? Do you have the other iApps like iPhoto, iDVD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
also have you checked properly? or just looked at your dock? easy mistake to do :D

OP
I
Reaction score
I have iMovie but not iMovie HD and I used spotlight to find out.
iMovie came with my leopard Mac and I have iPhoto and iDVD.

M

MacHeadCase

Isn't iMovie HD the previous version i.e. iMovie 06?

If the installer can find iMovie 08 installed on your hard drive, you can install the previous version, iMovie HD 6.

OP
I
Reaction score
Oh HD is the old one? The new one is really confusing the, why did they bother?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, core 2 duo 2.0 GHZ,1GB RAM,80 GB HDD
yes HD is the old one and idk why they made imovie 08 suck but they did so .... O well lol

M

MacHeadCase

With iMovie 08 Apple was looking for ease of use: just drag and drop video and audio files. But iMovie 08 lacked some basic editing features from what I've seen.

One way of making movies is to have the capability of tweaking with a timeline to sync the video action and the music. It seems that Apple was looking so much for basic ease of use, the company dropped the time line thingy.

Under pressure from the user base outcry, Apple made available iMovie HD as a free download for iMovie 08 users.

So a lot of users reverted to iMovie HD to be able to use the timeline editing feature again.

Reaction score
wait. there is a FEATURE in iMovie '08 that lets you import HD movies and work with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.