• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

School stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
well basically i was sitting in my history class the other day and this guy keeps dissing me for no reason and this girl who's my friend. Basically then i tell him to stop to write it politely so then he keeps like flicking my ears and just generally being an idiot . So then anyway i was writing some lyrics a few days ago and i decided to write one about him so i did. It was fairly decent if i do say so myself but that's not the point is now every time he sees me he trying to fight me, thing is he's like the resident ' hard man ' but i don't see why i should roll over for him when he started everything...... That's about it really just venting to be honest......

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i would knock him out for the fun of it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Listen, guys that usually act like that have something to prove, the best way to deal with him is wiping the floor with him, once you punch him in the face and you go at it that 2 minute fight will make sure he doesent ever mess with you again actually you may even end up being friends... but remember you have to sucker punch him or its not going to work... also for safety reasons fight in an area that you will get broken up quickly...

usually i wouldent advise violence but bullies need to be dealt with a certain way... the term is Prison Yard rules LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
This is what you do (its what I did in high school).

Befriend some huge, steroid pumping football player. Its not hard, most are actually super nice. You don't need to have sleepovers and stuff...just talk to him when you see him. Then, make an off-hand comment about this kid who keeps flicking your ear. Most likely, the football player will volunteer to fight him for you, or at least confront him about it.

Instant body guard.

If this doesn't work, just make fun of him in class all the time. You might get beat up for it, but if you do...at least everyone will hate him. And he will probably get suspended. And you can sue him for battery! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
You should start doing really wierd things, and maybe talk to yourself to make him think that you are crazy, and about to snap. You might not actually have to do anything if he thinks that you are on the verge..... plus it would be very funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Just fight him people like him(me included don't stop til they get what they want) so if it's a fight you decide to do pump some iron and beat his bum.

F

Fallooza

first i would suggest just tryin ta stay away from the dude. as a kid fights are more unavoidable than when you get older. so if you have ta fight him here is what ya need ta do...

1. mentally prepare yourself. envision yourself in the fight and what you would do in it. envision yourself takin damage too.

2. train. even if its just shadow boxin. let your body know what its like ta throw a puck or kick. the less foreign the movment the better.

3. no holds are bared. i try ta avoid fightin at all cost. so if someone forces me ta fight ill do whatever it takes ta win the quickest. groin shots, biting, eye poke, fish hookin, hair pullin.

of corse i suggest not fightin at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course he can stay away from the guy but what if he keeps coming to find him to get that fight. Just stand up to him then he will back down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
just remember, if your back is not to a wall or other enclosed area, hitting him is not considered self defense under US Law.

so don't fight, unless you are threatened and can't run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
just remember, if your back is not to a wall or other enclosed area, hitting him is not considered self defense under US Law.

so don't fight, unless you are threatened and can't run.

Surely that doesnt account to school yard rules
i mean its all about growing up!
Just noticed he lives in UK... i dont think rules are as strict as US
but remember you can be excluded from school for fighting :)

But on a more serious note avoid the guy.
These things blow over pretty quickly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
And if you don't like to fight, you can always tell an administrator that he's been harassing you and even threatened to bring in a gun and kill you. That should get him in plenty of trouble.*

*Disclaimer: Don't take my advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
take it from my experience, if you go to a school administrator, the problem would likely get worse because you "ratted" on him. all you can really do (unless he threatens your life and you can prove that he did.) iis stnad by and take it, or give him what he wants, a fight.

Even if you lose the fight, i think he will stop picking on you because he will know you are not easy pray, and will fight back. Bullies like people that will not have a physical reaction to them picking on the person.

I was in the same situation once. I eventually had enough of his BS and i punched him right in the nose. We had a little fight, but i wiped his face in the ground, and then that was that.

Reaction score
Stand your ground, it doesn't have to be a clean fight it just has to look incredibly savage and hurt.
You're an englishman for gods sake, you don't go looking for a fight, you wait for it to come to you then make the first move when they square up.

To excentuate the attitude you should have:
"You got blood on my shirt!"
"I just stabbed you?"
"Yeah so, this was a good shirt!"
and in with the head, crack!

I got excluded once or twice from school, I aint gonna let someone push me around because of the way I look, doing nothing is stupid, telling someone in authority is twice as stupid as it will just elevate things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just noticed he lives in UK... i dont think rules are as strict as US
but remember you can be excluded from school for fighting :)

The rules aren't as strict as US if anything there are no rules when it comes to fighting. If you fight in school in UK most schools give detention not excluded if you do get excluded that is gey. Smacking someone who's threating you counts as self defense no matter where you are against a wall or in the middle of a street just make sure he throws first punch ;D

Reaction score
People from america have to remember fightin is a bit different in the uk, if it is the same as in Northern Ireland it is rough, generally the winner is the one with the fewest broke bones lol,

I would say stay away from him dont talk to him, If the worst comes to worst and u find urself in a fight, then be ready, that scary gut feeling is the adrenaline the is to enjoy it this will make u feel no plain and you will do better then, but the next day is a DAY THAT WILL BE FILLED WITH LOLLIPOPS AND POODLES lol

If your education is at risk, ie you dont wanna get excluded then just take the punches, i had to do this once and i just stood up and took 4 headbutts, but i stil got in trouble so just throw diggs and dont give him any time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
were i live, if someone attacks you, and you take it, you both get in the same trouble. i was assaulted by a kid, not just sucker punched, but sucker punched, then tackled then grabbed (no way i could get free with out fighting back, it was self defense), ii managed to get free and give him a good few hits until he stopped attacking me. a cop came by, i told him what happend, and that i wanted to press charges. The cop words are this exactly "It's not worth it". the cop then drove away. I then filed a report through my school and the schools police officer, and he hasnt even finsihed the reports, and its been a couple months since the incident.

gone are the days where you could take the law into your own hand and not be sent to jail, and gone are the days where the cops do anything. no matter what you do your screwed. (that only goes for the law abiding citizens, criminals get off scott free all the time now)

what is this world coming too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I was picked on from about 7th grade to my junior year in high school. I tried telling on them. I wouldn't recommend that as they seem to just antagonize you even more. You can fight back but you risk injury and being suspended so that's pretty much out. I chucked a 500 page History book at a guy and it didn't end well. :) So the best thing to really do is bulk up. Lift weights, do pushups and sit ups. Eventually you'll get big enough where no one will mess with you. If your tall it really helps when your bulked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
well basically i was sitting in my history class the other day and this guy keeps dissing me for no reason and this girl who's my friend. Basically then i tell him to stop to write it politely so then he keeps like flicking my ears and just generally being an idiot . So then anyway i was writing some lyrics a few days ago and i decided to write one about him so i did. It was fairly decent if i do say so myself but that's not the point is now every time he sees me he trying to fight me, thing is he's like the resident ' hard man ' but i don't see why i should roll over for him when he started everything...... That's about it really just venting to be honest......

Jordan

Some people are just jerks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
all bullies do one thing when they are picking on you, they look around for support from their friends. they'll do it 3 or 4 times then they will either push you looking to start something or tell you they will come back for you later.

when their looking around, make your move. as soon as he starts to move his head, kick him as hard as you can in the jewels and when he goes down just keep going and don't stop.

when you get in trouble for it, tell them you want your parents there. when they show up, make sure it's known that you tried to talk to the administrators about it and they didn't do anything but make it worse (sure you can't prove that you did, but they can't prove that you didn't.) you'll get in trouble at school but you will win your parents support. and, the school will be watching you so if the kid comes back (i doubt it), they'll step up and do their job that they should be doing in the first place.

this is what i did in 6th grade and guy never messed with me again. in fact, we became decent friends after that. never had any trouble again in school.

of course, this is probably the worst advice you could follow but hey, it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.