• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

College frat?

I

Icarus

now, for those of you in college, or those of you who are recently out of college - I'm looking at two frats and I'm wondering if there is a repultation about one or the other that I should know about.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) OR Sigma Phi Epsilon (Sig Ep)

So if any of you know anything about this two, let me know...otherwise vote for which one I should join!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I have heard a few bad things about frats, but the parties are supposed to be good

OP
I

Icarus

well, both of them say that they are 'non hazing' frats - which is good since Bradley doesn't look kindley on hazing...

OP
I

Icarus

see, those are my choices. so Psi U is a fine frat Im' sure - however I am joining one of those two houses.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

If you are serious about college then don't join a frat house. You will never be able to get anything done. But if you are at college strictly to party, join either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Frats are homosexual. Why pay for your friends?

OP
I

Icarus

Well, I have choosen Sigma Phi Epsilon. (Partially because the other one elimanted me) so I'm happy I made a choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Icarus said:
SAE has the highest GPA on campus (3.07) - Sigma Phi's GPA is 2.97.

Yeah, it helps that most frats maintain a "library" of old tests and notes that members can use as "study aids."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
*** are u lot on about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
You have to pay to be in a frat. Essentially you're paying for a group of new friends. If you're going to join something why not a club sport team or something, at least that way you're doing more than 12 oz. curls and living in some rat infested house.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What does that have to do with being homosexual?

OP
I

Icarus

gort said:
You have to pay to be in a frat. Essentially you're paying for a group of new friends. If you're going to join something why not a club sport team or something, at least that way you're doing more than 12 oz. curls and living in some rat infested house.

I get the impression you don't like frats very much? Shame...it's good stuff.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Frats do kind of suck, Never have any quiet time, your mac will be knocked off of your desk by a drunk fellow frater. And your entire house is trashed :( It's like a colt ;)

OP
I

Icarus

I'll be sure to lock my room when there are parties going on - and I'll put my powerbook in my closet ;)

OP
C

ChicoWeb

gort said:
Frats are homosexual. Why pay for your friends?

Actually, your dues go towards insurace, national dues, and upcoming events. People who have no idea what fraternities are really about, and are jealous, usually say what you said though. I've heard it a thousand times.

OP
I

Icarus

ChicoWeb said:
Actually, your dues go towards insurace, national dues, and upcoming events. People who have no idea what fraternities are really about, and are jealous, usually say what you said though. I've heard it a thousand times.

Agreed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
My college is too small to have any Greek life.

Then again, since there are no guys, it's just like one big sorority. :D

I've thought about going into civilization to a frat at one of the bigger schools, but I don't have the guts to do it. Still, I have heard that there are cute boys there. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.