Mac-Forums Macworld Event Coverage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hi everyone,

In less than one week, Macworld San Francisco will begin with its dizzying array of new products and exciting announcements.

I'm excited to announce that Mac-Forums once again plans to be a media sponsor of the event and bring you even more coverage this year. Our plans include:
  • An event blog where myself and others will post our thoughts and experiences during the show. The blog will also host pictures, Twitter messages, and other exciting content.
  • A dedicated Macworld forum on this site. Use this forum to keep up and discuss all the happenings at Macworld. You can get there directly by clicking here or by visiting the Mac-Forums homepage.
The event blog will be available very soon and I'll post an announcement here and in the Macworld forum with the URL. If you plan on going to Macworld, we'd love to have you blog with us, contact me via PM for details.

Feel free to stop us if you see us wandering around and introduce yourself. It should be a great show this year!

Here's hoping for an AppleTV updated with DVR functionality! (probably won't happen but I can dream. :) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Amazing news! Like our very own macworld troupe!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I just wish Apple would start offering HD content, then I'd maybe have interest in Apple TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Woo Hoo!!! Macworld!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I just wish Apple would start offering HD content, then I'd maybe have interest in Apple TV.

HD through iTunes??? Those would be HUGE files and would take forever to download. I kind of agree, it would be nice, but I say let's wait until they figure out how to compress HD to a smaller file size without losing the quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well a typical 720p movie compressed using h264 would amount to 4.5GB. Not much considering that today's average home connection is around 5mbps... It will however take down apple's servers unless they use some kind of bandwidth sharing thing like torrents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
HD through iTunes??? Those would be HUGE files and would take forever to download. I kind of agree, it would be nice, but I say let's wait until they figure out how to compress HD to a smaller file size without losing the quality.

If M$ can do it with the 360/XBL, I don't see why Apple can't do it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.