• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Turn Veggie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Hey just turning veggie as part of my healthy lifestyle for 08.

any other veggies in these forums?

Also did you know. A vegetarian saves more than a 100 animals each year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
There was a thread earlier about this topic it is here

I am not a veggie although i do live with one and have cut way back on the amount of meat i consume.

I am curious where did you get that fact from? I have never heard it before.

Reaction score
Your first order of business... change your user name. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I just actually read that web page:

chooseveg.com said:
Choosing to go vegetarian is simply a matter of living according to the values so many of us hold dear, such as being fair and kind to others. Most people would never dream of cramming up to 11 egg-laying hens into a file drawer-sized cage, ripping the testicles out of a screaming baby piglet, or cutting the throat of a cow as she stares back at you with her big brown eyes. How then, as compassionate individuals, can we justify paying others to carry out these atrocities on our behalf?

The average vegetarian saves the lives of approximately 95 animals each year. That adds up to thousands during a lifetime. Every time we eat, we are making a powerful choice that has profound consequences on the lives of animals. At each meal, we make a decision between supporting cruelty or living compassionately.

I really don't care what you eat, but that seems more like a PETA site based on those two paragraphs rather than a site for vegetarians.

chooseveg.com said:
Most people would never dream of cramming up to 11 egg-laying hens into a file drawer-sized cage, ripping the testicles out of a screaming baby piglet, or cutting the throat of a cow as she stares back at you with her big brown eyes.

They're trying to make it sound like the most inhumane thing in the world to eat meat. People have been doing it for centuries, which included raising and slaughtering the animals themselves. My grand father was an avid hunter and his family was never rich. They also raised chickens. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, fish, chicken, and other meat was part of their diet. They didn't have to luxury to eat just salads and tofu and vegetables.

They just sounds elitist and in my opinion, frankly retarded.

Let's make people out to be the bad guy based on the fact that the vegetarian movement has gotten big over the past twenty years and the evil practice of eating meat has been around since humans were, well, human. Live and let live I say, but don't try and make me out to be evil because I like steak.

Afterall, I don't run around saying it's cruel to force your children to eat vegetarian and deprive them of the nutrients they need that's found in meat while shoving "dietary supplements" down their throats. I know people like that and it's disgusting, but I don't try and make them feel like the anti-christ because of it.

/rant

All better now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm a member of PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) ;P

I don't care what sort of moral superiority vegetarianism gives you, I have a God-given right to eat meat and I'm going to fully exercise that right.

Oh, and don't think you're saving those 95 animals, because I'm going to eat them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I do not like PETA.

I do like meat.

I am not going to be a vegetarian.

Plants are living things as well. Granted, they do not have the intellectual capacity of an animal, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be eaten!

Poor plants :(

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good for you. being a vegetarian is not only really good for you (and some animals), but for the environment too. the closer to the sun you can eat, the less CO2 is put into the atmosphere and the less energy the food takes to get to your plate.

i've cut down some, and went red meat-less for a couple years a while back. i do need to make more of an effort to eat less meat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I'm a member of PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) ;P

I don't care what sort of moral superiority vegetarianism gives you, I have a God-given right to eat meat and I'm going to fully exercise that right.

Oh, and don't think you're saving those 95 animals, because I'm going to eat them.

haha ditto :)

OP
hotdog182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
PETA2.com said vegies save more than a 100 animals a year, right at the bottom of their site.

And i didn't want to annoy anyone with the whole PETA debate. and when they talk about the drastic stuff above, They generaly mean like KFC chickens. If you go on youtube and search for Pamerla Andersons PETA video, It shows you there.

I'm not a big PETA activist or anything. Just wanted to make the change, Eat healthier and save a few lives.

Also Kash that was a bit rude or what ever. Just because you feel that way doesn't give you the right to go have a blow at me. I wasn't saying it gave me superiority, nor did i say i was better than anyone, But that was just plain ignorant.

Sorry if i've caused a fuss. =[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.