• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning a DVD

Reaction score
I am trying to burn a DVD and i don't know which program to use. I have a macbook pro and am not sure how. PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
A data DVD, a movie DVD?

If it is just a data DVD then you can just create a new burn folder, and then place the files in there. A movie DVD you would use iDVD. There are also 3rd party apps, those are just the ones that will be on your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I am trying to burn a DVD and i don't know which program to use. I have a macbook pro and am not sure how. PLEASE HELP

Thanks

If you are using leopard then you should try Toast Titanium 8.01.It burns every format of movie:(Movies with the extension: avi,mpeg,xvid,divx So on and so forth).This program is the best dvd authoring program for a mac(My own beliefs from using it with no problems).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
ibookmobile 007, Toast Titanium 8 has now been updated to 8.0.3 and is faster and much much more stable. As stated it is the best DVD burning program for a Macintosh.

Reaction score
Having similar problems

I started another post, and I wish I would have talked to you guys. I downloaded Toast and tried to drag a divx video on the application. It just burned like a data cd. It wouldn't open as the movie. It opened with the movie sitting inside the folder. Any ideas?:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
If you want to burn it as a movie, that will play on a normal DVD player, then you have to convert the video first. Pull it into iDVD and it should do it for you. I just don't know if it supports DIVX movies or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you registered and upgraded Toast 8 after installation to version 8.0.3?

Reaction score
Yes....I did. I just don't recall having these problems on my pc. I used Roxio with no problem for burning movies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
You are best to use ffmpegx and convert it to DVD mpeg2enc
adjust the settings as required.

Then use Toast to (Video / Video_TS folder).

This way it will encode better and quicker.

You can use Toast to encode it for you but it takes ages and doesn't look as good. (Video / DVD video).

or just use VisualHub

Or do as I did, bought a $50 xvid/divx/mpeg4 dvd player with 5.1 surround sound and usb support....I just watch the .avi's directly off a USB thumb drive or I burn a divx disk (no re-encoding neccessary) under "Toast 8.03" or the freeware "Burn!" http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

Reaction score
To the guy who says the divx movie is just burning as a data disc... thats what it is supposed to do. When you have a divx dvd player it will come up as a data disc and you select which movie you want to watch w/ the DVD remote. It wont start right up as a DVD, at least thats not what mine do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.