Got my first Imac this weekend!!

Reaction score
I have been a long time windows user/developer. My roommate and I both write .net software, and we both got new Imacs this weekend. A guy at work brought his in and we were sold. I like the idea of not having to do a lot of maintenance after a day of writing code at work. Also, we are both in bands, so the creative aspect of macs was a big selling point.

Everything has been really smooth so far. I bought the 20" 2.4Ghz Imac, an extra 2gig memory stick and a 500gig ext drive (for time machine). I browsed this forum while waiting for it to come (ordered a refurb), and checked out all the links/info I could find. You guys/gals have been a bunch of help already.

The only thing that shocked me was the lack of games. I knew that I wouldn't be using this as a beefy game machine, but I am surprised they don't include more small games like windows (hearts, freecell, etc.) I know you can buy 3rd party stuff, but that would be the first thing my parents would notice if I switched them to mac, lol.

One quick question. I have a flash based mahjong that I have played and loved for a few years, but it is wrapped in an exe. Does anyone know of a way to get it out since it is just a flash game?

OP
D
Reaction score
Nevermind that question at the end. I just found an exe->swf converter online. I guess this is just a big praise post then, lol. Thanks for all the advice I have got from reading this forum so far.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
welcome aboard, and good luck with the imac. :)

my work is with windows too - mainly server support. nice to come home and not have to "work" at home too. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats with your imac purchase. And welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
welcome. if you're into programming make sure you install xcode to get all your compiling tools. it's on the first installation disk but you have to do it manually after you setup and install the os (at least it was with tiger)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.