• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Share Price Dropping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
After a big fall late last week, the share price is down 7.05 already this morning....

What is going on? The market is down generally of course, but other major tech stocks are down only a fraction of what Apple has lost over the past few days. Is there a reason for this?

Even MSFT is up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
Is it something to do with macworld coming up?

OP
OneWorld22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I don't know.....

I've been trying to look at the various investor blogs and no real answers.

Experts are saying the stock is still predicted to go to $200 so maybe a good price to buy if it stays at this $170 mark or goes further.

Could be a nice spike after Macworld as well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I wouldn't worry about it. The market is so fickle right now, with the poor economy.

A suggestion:
Don't check your stocks every day. It is just stressful and nerve-racking. Unless you have a special reason to, you shouldn't check them more than one a week, max. All stocks go up and down, but if you picked good ones, they will go more up than down overall. So don't worry about it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
There are a number of things going on.

First of all, a lot of people would have speculated on Apple reaching $200, which it did, and then plan to sell off at that price. It'd be automated, and large volume. So a lot of people would have bought a lot of stock, then sold it for a $50 per share profit.

However the biggest issue is that the US economy is heading for a downturn, and luxury goods always get hit first. Intel got hit too, so did Dell, so the prediction is that fewer 'toys' will be sold this year due to people finally feeling the credit pinch, weak dollar and slow down in the jobs market.

Reaction score
If you don't have Apple stock- get it in any case (keep in mind I am not an expert and I got my share when it cost in mid 80s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you don't have Apple stock- get it in any case (keep in mind I am not an expert and I got my share when it cost in mid 80s).

I got mine when it cost ~$12.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'm not rich enough to buy stock. :p

If I had some money, though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.