Setting an iCal alarm

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a really obvious solution I'm missing here, but when I try to set-up an alarm for an event, I can't figure out how to set the alarm for 5 days before. When I try to edit the number of days, it doesn't allow me to remove the "1" so I'm only able to set it for 1 day before or 10, 11, 12, etc. days before. How can I change this to 5 days before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Once the number(s) are highlighted, you can just type to replace the text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Yeah, this is one annoying feature with iCal which seems to have been introduced with Leopard's iCal and it took me a couple of "WTH?" moments before I got it. You can also change it if you do a bit of "arrow key jockeying" to change the number, but it's still annoying.

One thing that is good, however, is that I don't think Tiger's iCal gave you an option to have default pre-set alarms. At least that's what I recall. My wife's Mac is still running Tiger, maybe I'll check with her to confirm if that memory is correct.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! For some reason I didn't think of highlighting the number and typing over it. I knew I was just missing something!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.