Will MS trade Office from PC to Mac??

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
Ok, crappy title but what I really want to know is...some other apps like Adobe Photoshop can be traded (by calling Adobe) to the Mac version from PC for a small fee to free. Does MS do anything like that??

Thanks,
Newbie LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
I doubt Adobe will let you do what you seem to think they will. But the short answer to your question is that you can use all your PC applications. Just get VMware fusion and install a VM of XP on your mac then run it in Unity mode and BAM you have full access to all your PC software as if it was native in OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Ok, crappy title but what I really want to know is...some other apps like Adobe Photoshop can be traded (by calling Adobe) to the Mac version from PC for a small fee to free. Does MS do anything like that??

Thanks,
Newbie LSC

Not sure but it wouldn't hurt to just call up and ask. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, MS doesn't do that. You'll need to purchase the Mac version of office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I doubt Adobe will let you do what you seem to think they will. But the short answer to your question is that you can use all your PC applications. Just get VMware fusion and install a VM of XP on your mac then run it in Unity mode and BAM you have full access to all your PC software as if it was native in OS X.

Actually, you can transfer say a Photoshop license from Windows to the Mac version.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34459

OP
L

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb

Umm, you'd be wrong.

Reaction score
Said procedure is called "Crossgrading" and MS doesn't do it because to them, Mac office is essentially a different product (which you will notice once you use the two - it really is different, not just a port).

I really don't get this - I really must say I like Office 2007 and the "Ribbon" concept,and just don't see why they make a handful of new features for the Mac, but omit others liek the new cleaned up, tighter interface.

MS is good at making productivity software, but they often suck at logical implementation and customer expecation management.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.