Help! Adium vs YIM

Reaction score
I've been switched for some time, but my ex did the setup, maintenance, etc. on my Mac, and now, since they're an ex, I'm coming into issues.
I have Adium bundling all my messenger programs, but I actually really only use YahooIM.
I was able to install YIM on my childs login, but it isn't the newest version that will keep chat logs, which I would like, considering the age.
I tried to install the newer version of YIM for Mac but it says I don't have sufficient permissions. ??? :Shouting:
He set both he and I as admins on the Mac.
Could Adium be confusing the install since it routes my Yahoo account through?
I don't know whether to delete Adium first or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I seriously doubt adium has anything to do with not being able to install. Does it prompt you for a password when you try to install? Have you tried installing it on your ex's account?

OP
I
Reaction score
No i haven't tried on his account, as I don't have the password. (this has obviously been sudden)

It doesn't get far enough to prompt for a password, the issue comes up (this is YahooIM for Mac Beta 2.0) after I try to drag the icon into the apps folder, then it asks if I'd like to replace my older version of YIM. When I say yes, I get the window stating I do not have sufficient priveleges for some of the items.

I'm baffled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
The only problem I could see if that your not an Admin or you have a limited account. If you had full privileges then you shouldn't be having a problem. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.