• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shaving

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
This actually interests me a lot, since I have heard of so many different ways men shave.

Since the summer, I have only been using a trimmer and trimming it really short, as opposed to shaving it with a razor. I absolutely hate shaving, so it makes things a bit easier. However, when I did shave all the time a couple years ago, I would shave in the shower. After shaving, I would get a nice handful of rubbing alcohol and splash it over my face (yeah...it hurt. But it helps with redness).

How does everyone here shave? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I only shave about once every two weeks with a fusion thingamobobber. It's really weird. My dad has a full beard and my brother shaves almost every day but for some reason I grow little facial hair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I utterly hate shaving also. My face has always been a bit sensitive. I finally grew a beard several years ago and only twice have I shaved it all off since. I stick to using a trimmer to keep the bulk of it from getting too thick, and trim the edges and lips with an electric razor. My wife got me a Braun model that has the base station with the cleaning solution and lubricant, and I've really gotten to like that since it's even easier yet on the bit of my neck that I still actually "shave".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I hate shaving simply because I'm lazy ;P

I shave around 2 or 3 times a week. Maybe once during midterms or finals week. I shave after taking a shower, the steam opens up my pores.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
almost the same as lifeisabeach, though for the top of the cheeks and bottom of the neck i use a mach 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I shave every other day or so. I shave before I shower because then I don't have to wash my face after showering and there's no way I'm doing it blind in the shower. Every few months I get tired of shaving and grow a beard. Then I just shave the top of my cheeks and my neck. I use the same Mach 3 that Gillette sent me when I turned 18 in 2001.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
I also hate shaving. Every morning I wake up and dread spending an extra five minutes in the lavatory shaving.

I thought about trying to Nair my face, it was met by some grim looks from my friends.

I never feel like myself if I skip a shave, I feel dirty if I do.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I shave every other day or so. I shave before I shower because then I don't have to wash my face after showering and there's no way I'm doing it blind in the shower. Every few months I get tired of shaving and grow a beard. Then I just shave the top of my cheeks and my neck. I use the same Mach 3 that Gillette sent me when I turned 18 in 2001.

I got that too! I love that Gillette does that. Free razor!

My moms side of the family forgot my birthday that year, so I made sure to rub it in that Gillette, a huge corporation that I have never interacted with in my life, remembered and they didn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
This actually interests me a lot, since I have heard of so many different ways men shave.
You mean this thread is for guys only? No interest in how women shave?! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I like the satisfaction of having clean shaved face but actually doing it is not that fun. I do it probably twice a week after I take a shower. I've never owned a very good razor so I can't vouch for any "great shave".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard

My moms side of the family forgot my birthday that year, so I made sure to rub it in that Gillette, a huge corporation that I have never interacted with in my life, remembered and they didn't.

For some reason Gilette sent me a Mach 3 when I was 13 and then a fusion when I was 18. I don't know why.

Reaction score
Cheap Norelco electric for the chin, Mach 3 for the rest. Just how I have always done it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
i have a face/ beard trimmer. I don't know which beard style I have. It's kind of that Amish look and I use the trimmer to keep my beard from getting out of control. To have the rest of the beard I don't want, I just use those cheap razors and hot water. If I shave clean I will use shaving cream but it's difficult for me to keep my beard even when I use shaving cream. I use the hot water to minimize any burning. My skin is pretty smooth so I haven't cut myself in a year or two. I have every other day and go through a 10 pack of $5 razors every 6 months.

Reaction score

I still have mine, as well. It's just good business on their end. Think of all the money you've spent on those expensive blades over the years! Sneaky, Gillette... sneaky indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
We'll go start our own thread...... ;D

Is there any way to shave outside of showering or bathing? It's kind of a given to me how all you ladies take care of business.

Reaction score
I still have mine, as well. It's just good business on their end. Think of all the money you've spent on those expensive blades over the years! Sneaky, Gillette... sneaky indeed.

This is true!
But at least they always come with a coupon for like $2 off blades, that makes me feel a little better, but i still dread it when my alarm clock goes off and i think about how i have to shave and put my contacts in and get dressed.....all of which i hate doing.
If only the hair just ZAPPED off! If only.......but you would think we would have common alternatives to blades and razors and all that yuck, considering humans have been using blades since, well, i dont know, but a LONG time!
I would just say screw it all and just not shave, but like some others, i feel dirty. But then again, on weekends i can go without changing my clothes if i dont go anywhere, so obviously i dont care about feeling dirty LOL.
But i don't ever think I would feel like myself with a beard, maybe a goatee....

Reaction score
Well,
I've always wondered what it would be like to be bald.
How do bald people stay bald? Do they shave their heads (literally)? That sounds worse than just shaving parts of your head.
But if you are bald and hate shaving your face then you would be REALLY out of luck....unless anyone has the guts to be bald with a beard.

Anyone here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Is there any way to shave outside of showering or bathing? It's kind of a given to me how all you ladies take care of business.

Only way for me..... shower or bath..... on one occasion I've had to sit on the bathroom counter and stick my foot in the sink with shaving lotion on my legs...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.