Has anyone ever accidentally formatted their memory card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I did. Oops.

At least I got a copy of the pictures on my brother's computer first... but now I have to go to his house to get them, lol. For some reason 700+MB doesn't send very well through email :Grimmace:

I put the pictures on slide show to show my wife on the TV, then accidentally hit the format option (right under slideshow) and confirmed it... I can't believe I'm so dumb sometimes! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I formatted the memory card in my camera the day after my cousin's wedding. I realized as I was doing it that I hadn't transferred the pictures over to my computer the night before. I didn't know about recovery programs at the time, so I was quite ticked off at myself.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I got the photos on CD from my brother... but he didn't close out the CD in Vista, so I had to load it up to XP... files don't transfer that quickly from PC to Mac, so I decided (after 20 minutes of waiting) that I would transfer them from PC to Mac via memory card. It's working so far. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.