Graphic program to use?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just got a MacBook Pro and I am wanting to know what the best graphic program to use is for it? I am creating a logo for a business card.

Thanks, Nash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
If your wanting it just for one logo use photoshop CS3 trial thats free for about 30 days i think.

M

MacHeadCase

It's always better to create logos with a vector drawing program like Adobe's Illustrator because a vector shape is independent of the resolution it was created in and it can be resized without any loss of quality.

If Illustrator is too expensive for you, there are a few alternatives: like Louishen says there's Inkscape, ZeusDraw, Lineform, EazyDraw, DrawBerry and others.

OP
G
Reaction score
It's always better to create logos with a vector drawing program like Adobe's Illustrator because a vector shape is independent of the resolution it was created in and it can be resized without any loss of quality.

If Illustrator is too expensive for you, there are a few alternatives: like Louishen says there's Inkscape, ZeusDraw, Lineform, EazyDraw, DrawBerry and others.

Vector is what I need. I will check these programs out.

Thank you tons, Nash

M

MacHeadCase

No problem, glad you found it useful.

Remember that Photoshop and Gimp are pixel-based so if you draw something then change the size or resolution, you will loose either detail or quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
grizzcat2000 glad to be of service. finally I have helped some one than needing help my self! lol:D

OP
G
Reaction score
No problem, glad you found it useful.

Remember that Photoshop and Gimp are pixel-based so if you draw something then change the size or resolution, you will loose either detail or quality.

Is there a program where I won't lose detail or quality when I change the size?

OP
G
Reaction score
of corse! Make you feel really smart lol ;D

OUCH!!! $649 that is a bit out of my price range at the moment. Looks like a good program though. I was using Paint Shop Pro before but they don't make it for Mac. If I can find a program that does vectors that won't put me in the poor house I would be happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is there a program where I won't lose detail or quality when I change the size?
OUCH!!! $649 that is a bit out of my price .... If I can find a program that does vectors that won't put me in the poor house I would be happy.
....ummmmmm

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz Power PC G5
Depends what you want to do with your graphics. If youre doing logos then Illustrator is the way to go but it often confuses beginners. Adobe Indesign is the ultimate layout program - imports Illustrator and Psp graphics and can export pdf files for any printer.

OP
G
Reaction score
Depends what you want to do with your graphics. If youre doing logos then Illustrator is the way to go but it often confuses beginners. Adobe Indesign is the ultimate layout program - imports Illustrator and Psp graphics and can export pdf files for any printer.

Thank you for your feedback.

Nash

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.