• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PBG3:Busted hinges/kb/hd;Picture frame time??

Reaction score
Well--Tanner is thinking about ambitious things!
What i want: A nice digital picture frame (they dont seem to be that nice yet-a little grainy and expensive)
What i have:
A lombard with busted up hinges, a keyboard problem (which is actually a logic board problem i think), and no hard drive, and its all banged up.
Screen is good though-and i have a USB flash drive :)
Now i have read little into this-but from what i have read it seems doable.
So where should i start?
Just doing some initial thoughts-planning to see if its realistic (cost wise and difficulty--im not much of a craftsman, but i know as much as your average joe:Oops: )

What do you think?
Where should i start?
Should i even bother?
Ive seen some pics of a couple-they look friggin sweet.
And im bored.

Although maybe i should use the lombard---seems like a tragic waste, i mean it still has a battery that gets 3 hours of charge!!!But im getting a clamshell....but still......nah, you only live once. SO THE LOMBARD DIES :D !

SO how should i do this:

Im thinking-Install Mac OS 9 onto a USB flash drive for a main OS.
Then get one of those USB SD card readers (i have an extra SD card) for photos.
Wrap it in a nice package and WALAH! (ooohhh, ahhh)
Easier said than done: but
Thats why i go to Mac-Forums :-D

Suggestions?
Experience?
Comments?
Am i crazy? (Trick question---YES.)

Just thinking out loud.

Tanner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.