help

Reaction score
I downloaded a trial version of photoshop cs3. It gives you 30 days to try the program free. I accidentally deleted the program the first day and then re-downloaded it.. The second time it did not work and said my trial period had ended. Where on my mac is adobe storing a file saying that I have already downloaded the trial version? Are they tracking my ip address? Help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i don't know and i don't think you will get your answer as knowing how to do it could allow you to use the program forever for free which is illegal and against the forum rules. i understand what you are doing is legal and i'm not stating that you are trying anything illegal or against the rules. but it's that it could allow you too.
and no, they aren't tracking your IP

also, please don't double post.

OP
E
Reaction score
Im new to mac and I thought I was deleting the desktop icon like on a pc, but actually deleted the whole program... Im retarded..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
woah, hey, no need for name calling. everyone makes mistakes. the best way to go about it is to remember that you're not using windows and that things don't work the same way. a big thing to learn is that aside from personal preferences, everything the app need is hidden within the app. if the app comes with an uninstaller, you should use it to delete the app, otherwise, it just goes in the trash. the basics of macs are very what you see is what's happening.

i would suggest picking up a copy of OS X The Missing Manual for whichever version of OS X you have. they are great books for people new too macs and teach you everything you need to know

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Q: why was the program installed on the desktop?
A: it wasn't. you probably just deleted the disk image of the download. You are perhaps not being completely forthcoming here. Did you install it, then accidentally delete it, then download it again and install it again all the same day? Or did you wait to install the trial again until the original period had expired?
I think the problem is probably that your original install is still installed and has expired. If you truly uninstall it then download a fresh install it should work fine.
BTW, did you ever check the trash for the software package (disk image?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.