Clearing Hard Drive????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Coming soon
Hi
Im selling my imac on the internet and was wondering how i can delete all of my settings like my user name and the date.

Also i bought iwork and will that get deleted if i clear it?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your best bet would be to do a fresh install as that would wipe everything and return the system to stock settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Your best bet would be to do a fresh install as that would wipe everything and return the system to stock settings

Which you would do, in case you were wondering, with the system software DVD that came with the computer.

Reaction score
I would also recommend a fresh install and when formatting I would format the drive with at least a 7 pass erase setting (minimum to prevent people from recovering data from your drive).
If you have some top confidential data on your drive maybe even a 42 pass erase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
yeah, a fresh install and then pop into disk utility and highlight your drive, go to the erase section and choose erase free space, and you can do up to a 35 pass erase for the most security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
and if you were wondering... a clean install will erase iwork.

OP
GeorgeTink
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Coming soon
I entered a serial code from the iwork manual if i fresh install will it be deleted and not be able to come back if i install again because i entered the code?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Just put a magnet to the HDD that should wipe it i done that to my PC when i sold it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.