what mac to go for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
Im looking to buy a second hand mac laptop which i want to have a small screen only 12 or 13" i will be using it just for going on the internet and the odd bit of work on Dreamweaver the adobe studio 8 package. Im wondering what one to go for as i dont have much knowledge of the older macs. Ive got a new macbook pro 17" but wanted a small screen older laptop i dont have to worry about. Studio requires Apple MacOS X 10.3 - 10.4 - PowerPC G3 - 600 MHz - RAM 256 MB - HD 1.2 GB but wanted to know whats actually a good machine to pick up!? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Stay with the Pro don't get a PowerBook there not as good go for a MacBook Instead i have CS3 on MacBook works like a charm

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
Im not going to get rid of my Macbook pro its only about a week old and bought it top spec its a great machine really pleased with it. Just wanted a smaller screen cheaper one i can throw about and not worry about if that kind of makes sense? I can throw a 12 or 13" machine in my bag and use it whenever where the 17" always seems like i dont want to take it unless im definitely going to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You may want to hold off making a decision until after the upcoming Mac Expo later this month. Rumors are hot that Apple is going to introduce a new ultraportable laptop. One rumor suggests it will have a flash-based drive, not a typical hard drive. If the price is right, this could be the perfect laptop to "throw about and not worry".

Reaction score
i would say try a small-screen Powerbook G4, you can get them pretty cheap nowadays and it should be fine for graphics work and speed if your just surfing the internet.

Reaction score
You may want to hold off making a decision until after the upcoming Mac Expo later this month. Rumors are hot that Apple is going to introduce a new ultraportable laptop. One rumor suggests it will have a flash-based drive, not a typical hard drive. If the price is right, this could be the perfect laptop to "throw about and not worry".

either that or try a smaller powerbook G4. i have a 17" PB G4 and it runs CS2 and final cut great. I mean, sure, its not going to run as fast or nice as on a mac pro but it runs fine for what I use it for, but I wouldnt suggest this computer to someone is hollywood editing films for a living.... if you get my drift?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.