Magsafe Light Red ... or Green?

Reaction score
When putting my MacBook on charge the magsafe charger instantly turns green then to red while charging... however the indicator never returns to green.

My battery is now fully charged (indicator 99%) - but I had a feeling that maybe the magsafe should now return to green. Am I wrong? or is there something I can do to my new laptop to amend this?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Check to see if the connectors are clean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
also, try running down the battery and then recharging.

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
I tried resetting the PRAM, with no luck... I shall try running the battery down - while I wait impatiently does anyone have any other suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Keep it plugged in a little longer (10-20) more minutes, if it's at 99% it's not fully charged... once it hits 99% it goes into a trickle charge (it charges very very slowly) so it's gunna take a little while to hit that last percent.

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
I tried charging for a little longer... still now change. The onscreen indicator reads 100% but the light doesn't change.

I shall attempt to drain the battery :/

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
Okay, so my battery has finally reached 19%, so not long till the screen shall cut out and I begin calibrating the battery - in hope that this time my green light shines brightly at 100%.

However should I charge my MacBook whilst on or off... or doesn't this matter? :Smirk:

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
I am still on orange - and remaining at 99%... how frustrating. Could somebody please help? :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just wait give it like an hour to reach 100% and than give it 30 min after that to turn green

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
Wohoo! The green light of glory is shining brightly. Cheers vindicat3d... I was about to throw a major strop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahaha, no problem, yeah that trickle charge is a bit of a nuisance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.