battery at 96%

Reaction score
after only 2 weeks??!! 99 or even 98 wouldn't bother me...but 96 after 2 weeks!? is this normal?

Reaction score
Ya...the battery hops all over the place...don't worry about it...it is solid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
just unplug it till it hits about 85 and then plug it back in, it should fully charge than!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It will start charging again after ~94%. This is normal for any brand of laptops.

OP
chaos.theorist
Reaction score
just unplug it till it hits about 85 and then plug it back in, it should fully charge than!

i actually tried that last night - i let the battery run almost all the way down, let it sit for a while, then plugged it in over night. this morning it was back up to 99%. after having 5 ipods replaced due to battery issues, i'm a little gun-shy when it comes to an apple battery (or whomever it is that makes them for apple).

but all is well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
yea after 94% seems to be a sort of "cut-off point"

Reaction score
That display is only an estimate, there's no proper way to determine how much "juice" there is in a battery, you can only estimate. Don't worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.