Samson C01U USB microphone problems

Reaction score
I am having problems trying to record anything through the C01U on my iBook 64. My computer recognizes the mic as a sound input device on the system preferences and I can see that my computer is picking up the sound. However, when I try to use the microphone though GarageBand or Sound Studio to record it fails to pick up any sound at all. I downloaded SoftPre, the C01U's driver, but still no success. Can anyone help me out here?

Reaction score
I am having problems trying to record anything through the C01U on my iBook 64. My computer recognizes the mic as a sound input device on the system preferences and I can see that my computer is picking up the sound. However, when I try to use the microphone though GarageBand or Sound Studio to record it fails to pick up any sound at all. I downloaded SoftPre, the C01U's driver, but still no success. Can anyone help me out here?

I presume you selected the mic as the default audio input on the respective programs??

Rimmer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.