Where do I look?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
Hi all,

Well tomorrow is the BIG day. My Mac Pro will be here:)
My question is this "is there a web site I can go to and see if printers, scanners etc. will work on the Mac when i plug them in"? That way I will not have to round up all my disk drives, and I have quite a few.

Thanks for your input.
Al

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
From what i've read on various sites the Mac comes with nearly all the drivers you need built in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like mike said, more likely than not, you should be able to plug in your peripherals and have them work right away, no drivers needed.

I would suggest plugging them in, and only using driver discs if a particular device isn't working or if you can't access all of its features

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
It's not like a PC, often things that say they don't work with mac actually do (excluding programs, but hardware often does). I have a few things that say they don't support mac. That often only means that it doesn't include a disk for it. Mac is a lot smarter than PC. For things like the older webcams for instance that don't support mac, you can find drivers that Open Source has made (and often in conjunction with the manufacturers). Another food for thought is "things that you pay for as extras in PC often come as standard for mac" Like Kash said, just plug them in and see if it works or mac sees it (which it usually does)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro with oodles of memory
thanks folks, yes both my printers are listed. Can't wait untill tomorrow. :)
Al

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.