• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

i-DVD 4 small questions - advice needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Firstly a happy new year to all, it has started stressfully for me - I hope I have made my last movie in i-movie and can this year graduate to FCP.

Anyway here's the deal, I have just burned my first paid project (in i-DVD)which is a very detailed hour and a half long i-movie.

I encoded it on professional setting, the third one down - so I could fit it all on, but unfortunately there was no room for a highlights trailer and photo slideshow I wanted as bonus features.

The DVD's I am using are plain white blanks from a computer mall and I have already bought 30 of them.

My first question is:

Is there a way I can squeeze everything onto one disc without having to hunt down special double layer discs which may not have the option of a plain white printable surface or will I be better off presenting my product as a 2 disc edition?

My second question is:

The Menu page doesnt come on when the disc is inserted into a standard DVD player, the movie starts automatically, however it can be found by pressing menu on the remote but ideally it should go to the menu page first. Did I miss something?

My third question is:

The disc was burned after about 13hrs. Having pressed 'Done' and saved the i-DVD project, to burn another disc do I simply re-open the project and press burn - will it take the same length of time as the first to burn and canb I make alterations to the text in the menu without having to start from scratch?

My last question is:

If I need say 10-20 copies and want the best quality, should I burn them all on i-DVD or will I get just as good quality making copies in Toast Titanium or Burn from the master? Could a shop do a large batch that will be of the same quality?

Many thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.