MacBookPro: Is it time to buy?

Reaction score
Hi
I have been happily working on a Powerbook G4 (1.25GHz, 512 RAM) for the last 4 years, but now it gets slower and slower. I mainly do video editing with final cut pro, so i rely on a fast processor and high RAM. I am thinking of buying a new macbook pro. Is this a good time to do so? Or are there far better models coming out soon (if yes, how soon after macworld would they be available?) Does anyone know how long new products take to arrive to Europe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I would put off buying it until at least macworld. We can't be sure that one will be announced, and then if it were you don't know the timeframe for release, but you wouldn't want to buy a MBP now only to have a newer one come out that replaces it and is more suited for your needs, would you?

I would wait, unless you urgently need a new laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
Wait, I learned the hard way when I bought my macbook late November.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
i was waiting for the of macworld but after killing my macbook with a cup of tea i had to just go out and buy i new mac for university and work so i went with an upgrade and got a max'd out pro which will last me as long as i need it to.

as for macworld most things point to a small macbook pro or sub-notebook this will prob run things like flash memory over a standard hard drive and might not have a cd drive.

i think if you can wait do it just to see if apple do something new it might be what you want but if something they are selling now will do the job you need it for go for that as just because there is something new its not going to stop the pro being a very good if not one of the best notebooks out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)
I'm waiting.

They are supposed to be sporting much faster Penryn processors with more L2 Cache, more dedicated video memory, and larger HD's all after this new update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.