Difference In Macbooks??

Reaction score
HI ALL.... NEW TO THE MAC SCENE. I PLAN ON PURCHASING MY FIRST NEXT WEEK WHEN MY ANNUAL BONUS ARRIVES......... ANYWAYS, AFTER DROOLING OVER AND PLAYING WITH IT AT MY LOCAL APPLE STORE, I'VE BEEN SOLD FOR A WHILE ON A 20" iMAC W/ 2.4GHz...... BUT AFTER READING SOME MORE THREADS ON DIFFERENT OPINIONS, NOW I MAY BE LEANING TOWARDS A NOTEBOOK FOR PORTABILITY. EITHER WAY, THATS UP TO ME TO DECIDE.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: BETWEEN THE WHITE & BLACK MACBOOKS (@ 2.2GHz), WHY THE $200 DIFFERENCE IN PRICE?? I SEE THE BLACK HAS THE 160GB HARD DRIVE, BUT YOU CAN PAY $75 AND UPGRADE THE WHITE...... WHERE IS THE OTHER $125? IS THE COLOR BLACK THAT MUCH MORE??

JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I'M NOT MISSING SOMETHING..... THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
First suggestion, don't type in all caps. It's hard to read and it's considered shouting.

OP
bubbles77
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. I'm at work and have to use all caps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
its called blacktax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
40 gig larger HD and it's black.

OP
bubbles77
Reaction score
So basically you pay $125 more for having a black case..... is that what I'm hearing??

Reaction score
That's about it .... you're paying more for the black case. When I posed this question to the salesperson at the local Apple Store, he really didn't have an answer. I guess if you like the black MacBook better, you'll have to bite the bullet and pay a premium for the color.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
So basically you pay $125 more for having a black case..... is that what I'm hearing??

Seems like it. People really like the new black ones but I prefer the white one. I use mine lying on my couch while watching TV and is usually pretty dark in my condo, the white keys are easier to type for me.

But I have a feeling my white one is going to get pretty dirty over the years!

OP
bubbles77
Reaction score
Awesome.... thanks all!! I appreciate the help, definitely worth saving a few bucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.