removing divx

Reaction score
Hi small prob i wish to remove divx i pulled all of the divx files to the trash but its still in the system preferences i got app zapper but that is of no help at all. i have looked on the forum and cant work out how to remove anything.

i need to get rid of it as the new update for divx crashes and sticks on connecting so want to downgrade divx

running Leopard
thanks for any help Craig

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi small prob i wish to remove divx i pulled all of the divx files to the trash but its still in the system preferences i got app zapper but that is of no help at all. i have looked on the forum and cant work out how to remove anything.

i need to get rid of it as the new update for divx crashes and sticks on connecting so want to downgrade divx

running Leopard
thanks for any help Craig

It doesn't appear that they have an uninstaller for it. My guess would be that you're going to have to manually remove the Preference Pane. This is how to do it:

1. Open a Finder window and go to the following path:

Macintosh HD => Library => PreferencePanes

2. Drag DivX.prefPane to the trash (you will be prompted for your admin password)

3. Reboot your system

4. Empty the Trash

There are a number of other files that are associated with the DivX player as well. If you want to completely remove it, you'll need to take those out as well:

2007-12-31_1111.png

As always, make sure you have a backup of your system before you do anything that requires your Admin password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24'' iMac 2.8 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 500 GB HD. 15.4'' MBP, 2.6 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 200GB HD, iPhone 8GB.
What are the files that are associated with DivX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
The actual movies maybe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.