• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I got a new PC today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Hahahaha... no, this is not a troll thread.

My dad just upgraded his PC, and since I do play a few PC games, my dad offered to trade the guts of his old machine for the guts of my old machine (his is less than a year old, mine is 3 years old) so he can use my old guts for a new machine for my mom (her old machine is nearly 8 years old). Anyway, I'm having a fun time re-visiting my PC roots today and making a new computer...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's fun at least for me to build up a new system from time to time. That is the real fun for me with PC's.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not anything too fancy, in fact not even the latest platform, but it's much newer than what I've got. I've got a pair of nVidia 8500GT's on order to run in SLI... so this whole new machine is costing a whopping $165 after tax and S&H.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm so glad I don't do this "backup" thing very often... I still have almost 40gig of pictures on my PC... it's been nearly an hour copying just the one folder...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Yeah, I really miss tinkering with my old PC. I replaced the power supply, added a DVD burner, wireless card, media card reader, extra drive, etc. I'm a hands-on kind of person (I fully restored a '65 Mustang) so it's fun to me to be able to do stuff like that for myself. I guess I'm a true blue collar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.