Review: PowerShot A720 IS by Canon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Got this for Christmas. It's a great camera. It's definitely not as small as the Digital ELPHs/SDxxx series, but it has 8MP, and 6X optical zoom.

Unfortunately, this camera lags. A lot. The snappy menus and startup deceive you. When you take a picture, you're never sure when you'll go back to live preview. Sometimes, it's instant, sometimes, upwards of a minute.

In low light at ISO 400, you see some graininess, but it's a sharp and nice looking picture. These were taken at 400 with auto WB in bad light, and my iMac and wacom look good.
IMG_0299.jpg
IMG_0300.jpg

Not too bad.

The camera has everything you'd expect. Shoots in JPG only, sorry. It has a full manual mode, program mode, and every other average one. The IS on this camera works great and Face Detection works very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I wouldnt mind seeing some photo's in 'good' light, as tboth these images have a lot of noise in them.

Nice postits :p

Ive already got my heart set on the Canon EOS 400D, ill let you know how it is after the 14th Jan (When I get it).

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I took those to show how bad the ISO grain is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.