tiger woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
is there anywhere I can still get bootcamp1.4b?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
is there anywhere I can still get bootcamp1.4b?

The problem is not availability as much as it is that the beta has expired. As such, you wouldn't be able to repartition your disks to install Windows. If you need Boot Camp, check into Leopard. Otherwise, your options for running Windows are Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah. thanks. my real problem is that I want to merge two partitions without having to wipe the entire drive and I don't know how to do that in cli using diskutil. I tried reading all the man pages but there's nothing on merging partitions and I was hoping that using boot camp as a gui front end, I wouldn't have to *really* understand what I was doing.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just solved my own problem... if anybody's running tiger and needs a functional boot camp, i found 1.3 on a mirror. i'll back up a copy of the dmg in case anybody needs it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ah. thanks. my real problem is that I want to merge two partitions without having to wipe the entire drive and I don't know how to do that in cli using diskutil. I tried reading all the man pages but there's nothing on merging partitions and I was hoping that using boot camp as a gui front end, I wouldn't have to *really* understand what I was doing.

Leopard's version of Disk Utility has that capability, but I'm not aware of any way to do it in Tiger, aside from third-party utilities like iPartition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.