How to recover Iphotos

Reaction score
the thing I hate about Iphoto, you cannot view the photos in the finder. This has led to my dimise. I switched to leopard which made me create a new username for some reason, so I still have my files, but new desktop and everything. I found my iphoto files which is an iphoto icon that says "Iphoto pictures" or something. When I click on regular I photo the pics arent there. I click on iphoto pictures and still nothing.

any suggestions? I right clicked on iphoto pictures and its taking up 500mb so I know the files are there.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Right click the file and choose "show package contents".

OP
S
Reaction score
Right click the file and choose "show package contents".

thanks.. that helps alot.

I really like the new cover flow and would rather just view pictures that way.. Is there a way to completely UnAssociate Iphoto with everything? And just use the pictures folder to arrange pics? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If you don't use iPhoto, then it won't put them in that file. You can also just delete iPhoto if you don't plan to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
You may also export your photos from iPhoto, by opening iPhoto then click file in the menubar and then press export and shabam!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
I really like the new cover flow and would rather just view pictures that way..

Do you mean iPhoto has coverflow as an option to view pictures? How do you do that, I couldn't find that option?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Do you mean iPhoto has coverflow as an option to view pictures? How do you do that, I couldn't find that option?
you can't...
but, you can select a photo, right click on it, and select 'show file'...
it will then open up in finder where you can use coverflow to view it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.