A really dumb question... how to uninstall?

M

mac_noobie

Hi, I know this might sound stupid but I just switched to MAC not too long ago, over the course of a few weeks I've added Apps. However I think I am doing the right thing when removing them I take them from the applications folder to the trash can right? On Windows there was an add/remove program that help guide you through it... I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Yes apple makes it much more simple by just dragging the apps ao app folders in to the trash.

OP
I

iSheep

Remember to quickly look through the Preferences folder in Libary to make sure there are no files left in their connected to it.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

If i am correct, these files in the library and preference folder won't do any harm, but they are messy.

OP
I

iSheep

anarkhy said:
If i am correct, these files in the library and preference folder won't do any harm, but they are messy.
...and if they're massive XML files, like iTunes stores, then removing them may free up some of that precious hard drive space.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I beg to differ, I have tons of programs installed, and my preference folder is only 5.2 mb

OP
I

iSheep

My iTunes libary files make a combined total of 4.17MB - and that's only about 1700 songs. I think iTunes keeps its files in the iTunes folder in Music though... (I was only using it as an example :))

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Oh, even so that is still not that much... and i think that is how iTunes uses the "spotlight" technology that it has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Spotlight doesn't exist yet in release. It's a Tiger feature. iTunes does not use it at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.