• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Coloware pc....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
I know there have been threads in the past (at lease a year ago though). Has anyone had anything painted by colorware? I am going to have my curve done, and I really want my macbook done (but it is SOO expensive. I might recieve it as a gift though....) Does anyone have pics of their colorwared devices? (anything from Iphone-Imac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I would try looking at skinit.com, it's stickers but they look good and are a LOT less than colorware.

OP
Luckykelleyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay so, now that colorware pc is doing blackberries, Im going to have my curve done. And don't try to talk me out of it ;D . But I do need advice.
I was going to go with prowler which is a dark purple, but then I found this picture of an ipod in "Envy"

2176342467_6808c7da75.jpg

I think that is a great color! But very bright. So, if anyone cares to give me an opinion, that would be great.

This
picture2lu9.png

or this

picture1az6.png

(which is the color of the ipod above)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Prowler......

Unless you are a chick...

OP
Luckykelleyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I am a chick :D . So should I get green?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Both look cool just go with your personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I believe in understated style and beauty and neon colors, to me, just scream "look at me! I need attention!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I just recently had my lady friend's iPod painted by colorware for christmas. The quality is amazing! I'll try to get a couple pictures of it. It's worth paying a little bit for the paint, skins just don't do the justice.

I got her the Dragon color with an envy wheel. Here is what the dragon looks like on a macbook.

http://www.ghostknox.com/imagehost/uploads/91e013e361.jpg

The color of the iPod posted above is called Envy. The dragon is pretty amazing, it has a slight color change with metallic flakes.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I wonder how durable is it?

Reaction score
I wonder how durable is it?

I have often wondered the same... Like is it as good as the OEM paint on a macbook or is it going to chip, fade, or crack eventually?? How much does it cost for a MB or MBP anyway?

OP
Luckykelleyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have heard nothing but good things about colorware. They have this special protective coating (called x3 or something) and people who have had their ipods and computers painted have said that the paint is more durable than the original device. It is a very hard clear coat, from what I understand. Today I had my first experience talking to them on the phone, and they have very good customer service! I ordered some color samples because down the road I plan on getting my laptop done, and they were delayed a couple days so they upgraded my shipping to 2-day for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
OP
Luckykelleyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did see that HOFO thread with the colorware iphones. They look great!!!
Well when I make my decision, and get it back I will post pics (you know, in about a month) ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
oooooh, I really like the all black iPhone, but I would have kept the Apple logo silver.

I've heard rumblings of a blackbook pro. I would definitely have to trade up if one of those comes into production. I wouldn't want Colorware to do the job b/c they can't do the touchpad and keyboard.

Honestly, I wish Apple would start offering a range of colors for their computer lines. It's obviously working for their iPods. If they don't do something within the next year or so when I upgrade, I'll probably get colorware MBP.

OP
Luckykelleyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay Im taking the plunge tomorrow, Ill let you all know how it goes....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.