LCD Resolution Revert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 imac 500mhz and 266mhz, ipod mini
Hi so heres the story bought a 19" LCD tv with VGA input to use as my monitor. So I plugged it in to computer started it up did all the resize stuff on the tv then went under system prefs and changed the screen resoltion from 1024x768 to 1152 by whatever I can't remember at 75 Hz it all worked fine and looked great! (1152 is the recomended res in manual) However when I shut down and reboot I get a "no signal" error on the TV so I hooked up my ol CRT and i get that scrambled garabage becasue the refresh rate is to high for it I'm guessing.

finally to top it off If i leave the tv and computer unplugged from eachother and the computer running sometimes after a while they will just start to work. and if it couldn't get any better I forgot to mention that the gray start up screen and the login screen all come up fine its just when i log in and it applies my user settings does it cut out so what is the deal. I may post a video of the error on youtube if no easy resolution is found. no pun intended.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.