Itunes Library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
My computer blew a power supply but I have all my music on an external. I have a laptop with its own library. I connected the external to the laptop and redirected Itunes to the external drive but after a reboot I started Itunes and the library didn't have the music that was on the external. I check preferences again and it was pointed to the external. How can I play that library?

Reaction score
My computer blew a power supply but I have all my music on an external. I have a laptop with its own library. I connected the external to the laptop and redirected Itunes to the external drive but after a reboot I started Itunes and the library didn't have the music that was on the external. I check preferences again and it was pointed to the external. How can I play that library?

Drag the external library on to a blank iTunes window. If you don't go to iTunes preference and select that the actual files don't get copied (PREFERENCES>ADVANCED> 'deselect' "COPY TO ITUNES LIBRARY WHEN ADDING FILES TO ITUNES") then you wont copy all the files into that computers iTunes library, rather the directory of where the files live.

Maybe there's a better way, but it works for me..

Rimmer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.