Newbie Switcher Question-iPhoto

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
Be gentle, I've just switched and a quick search didn't reveal an answer to my question.

I have used LightRoom and Photoshop to process my images and I understand how things work on the PC but not on the Mac. I have imported my images using LightRoom and stored them on the new MBP. For those who know LightRoom, it will allow the images to be stored in their designated folders and all adjustments are non-destructive AND unless you specify differently, LR will not create a duplicate image eating up HD space.

I want to be able to use iPhoto to upload images to my gallery and create a web page but I DO NOT want to import if iPhoto creates another image stored in it's own folders. Does iPhoto work similar to LR in that it doesn't need to create a new location and store the image under a new folder?

Cheers,
LSC

Reaction score
to the best of my knowledge, anything imported into iphoto goes into a separate iphoto library, so yes it will create duplicates. however, there is a setting under advanced that you can un-check where things wont copy to the library, and you can presumably manually control ur folders

OP
L

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
to the best of my knowledge, anything imported into iphoto goes into a separate iphoto library, so yes it will create duplicates. however, there is a setting under advanced that you can un-check where things wont copy to the library, and you can presumably manually control ur folders

Thanks, tried the uncheck but still had to do a manual import. When I go into the finder and look into the Photo folder, it looks like iPhoto Library is in there and just does a reference to wherever the photo is stored. But, with my lack of experience, I don't know how to verify that this is true.

Any other insight would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
LSC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.