Camera won't show up on the desktop-works in iPhoto and system profiler though.

Reaction score
Okay kids,

So i got myself a CANON POWERSHOT S5!!!! (self high five)
Anyway, in the past week ive taken like 5873457904572578395789079057 pictures with it, and i go to hook it to my Beloved PowerMac for the first time to upload pictures of a PS2 and my pets for some threads here at MF, and the camera doesnt show up on the desktop. iPhoto opens up though, and i can import and stuff, but it's not on the desktop, and when i go to computer it's not there either.

Come to think of it; a friends kodak did the same thing a couple days ago.

My old Samsung Digimax A402 shows up on the desktop.

I just installed the software that came with the Canon, but i dont want to use that, i just want it to show up on the desktop so i can do it like that and with iPhoto, i dont want to use that canon stuff.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tanner.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you look in your pictures folder. You will find a iPhoto Library. All of your pictures are inside the library. You will need to do a control click and choose show package contents. You should find the original and the modified folders. In these folder you will find the pictures.

You can also use the image capture application in the application folder to get the pictures off of the camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So i got myself a CANON POWERSHOT S5

i just want it to show up on the desktop so i can do it like that and with iPhoto, i dont want to use that canon stuff.

Anyone have any ideas?
No Canon cameras mount on the desktop of a Mac. You would have to use the methods suggested by rman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Stay out of the iPhoto library in finder! You risk corruption or loss of photos! Do anything and everything with your photos from within the app itself. The export command is your friend! Use it.

Go into Image Capture and set your preferences to use iPhoto to import your photos, and then let iPhoto do the work for you. No duplicates, no problems.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
True it is not a go idea to mess with the iPhoto library. Just wanted let him know where his photos were located. Using export as was suggested is the safest way to get photos out of iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Instead of making a new thread I thought because I me staying on the theme of new camera's I would write it here. I just got a new camera yesterday, and while it was charging I decided to make a new album because I me on holiday and the pictures i will be taking are all going in the same album. I then by mistake added an event and i can find no way at all to delate it. I no it will be a really simple thing to do but i have only ad my mac since christmas day and haven't got every thing under control yet.

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
click on the event and then press cmd and delete at the same time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Thanks alot i new there would be some simple way it was really bugging me!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.