comcast and imap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
does any know if comcast mail supports imap, and if it does how do you set it up? thanks for your help in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The simplest way to find out is to set up a new Mail.app account that mirrors your existing POP3 account and select IMAP as the connection method. It either works or it doesn't! For the most part, the only thing you have to change to go to IMAP is the connection method, from POP3 to IMAP. Try it and see! I have discovered unadvertised IMAP in a place or two using this very method.

OP
kkelly122
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
well i guess comcast doesnt support it yet. tried what you said, no go. imap is awesome in gmail just wish it could happen in comcast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
well i guess comcast doesnt support it yet. tried what you said, no go. imap is awesome in gmail just wish it could happen in comcast.

Try looking at the Comcast help files or write a support ticket to Comcast to see if they support IMAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.