• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
a question for all those who have seen both movies...does somebody have to see the first one for the second one to make sense??? me and the girlfriend are trying to go see a movie and i cant find out if i need to see the first one before the second one
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 MDD dual 1.25Ghz 1.75GB RAM
No. And in fact if you see the first one it might ruin the second one because it's the same stuff. Although the first one moved a lot quicker.

OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
thanks...nice first post and welcome to the forums!!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
I recommend "Charlie Wilson's War".

T

todd51

I thought both of them were pretty good. No, you don't need to see the first one to understand the second, but the first one is pretty good too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Nicholas Cage makes me want to throw up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 MDD dual 1.25Ghz 1.75GB RAM
thanks...nice first post and welcome to the forums!!
-chris

It was weird to see "welcome to the forums" because I've actually been on here for about a month, guess I've just never replied to a post... crazy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
OP
coach_z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
hey i actually enjoyed it greatly....except for the fact that i had to sit in the third row and could barely see the entire screen because i was so freakin close to it
-chrsi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
Ultimately all that matters is if one is entertained. If people went by critics, they'd never go see any movie out there. Yet, the majority of films made today that make the most money are usually hit hardest by critics.

I for one, prefer to be the critic for myself. :)

well said, i hate "professional" critics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Ultimately all that matters is if one is entertained. If people went by critics, they'd never go see any movie out there. Yet, the majority of films made today that make the most money are usually hit hardest by critics.

I for one, prefer to be the critic for myself. :)
I agree, I alone decide whether or not I like a movie. And yet, a bad movie can be entertaining... but still be a bad movie. Critics don't slam movies because they make money, Titanic was applauded by critics and made tons of cash, but I still found it to be a drawn out, tiresome movie.
People give movies poor reviews because they're bad movies, not because they make money :)

Also, I give credence to Rotten Tomatoes over any other review site because they calculate their overall score based not only on the reviews of professional movie critics, but also the reviews of everyday people (which makes up the majority of the score). They have an extremely large number of people reviewing the films. Their scores are averaged based on 100's of reviews (both professionals and the public), instead of 4 or 5 like other sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Also, I give credence to Rotten Tomatoes over any other review site because they calculate their overall score based not only on the reviews of professional movie critics, but also the reviews of everyday people (which makes up the majority of the score). They have an extremely large number of people reviewing the films. Their scores are averaged based on 100's of reviews (both professionals and the public), instead of 4 or 5 like other sites.

Here.. Here!

D3v you have style!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.