entourage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro 2.66 quad, Ati x1900, 2 500GB drives, 6 mb ram, dual 24"dell monitors
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie. Had my mac pro for a little over a month.

i am figuring out a lot on my own. I still don't understand what entourage is and how or why I should use it.

I have a windows mobile phone, and I understand entourage works with that. I bought the missing sync program but it is awful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
MS entourage is basically outlook for mac. I have never used it with windows mobile but i know it can be synced easily with a blackberry. I personally prefer the mac mail, calendar, and address book.

I cant help you with missing sync as i have never used it before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
To be honest I really like Outlook on my PC and Entourage is Outlook for mac as sanity1082 just said. However on my Mac I've really gotten use to Mail. I don't really know if it's any better or worse than Entourage but I'm using Mail to better equant myself with Mac as I'm a recent switcher myself.

Reaction score
I had the same question and read they don't call it Outlook because it lacks all or most of the Exchange capabilities which would probably only matter in a corporate environment. I've also learned that if you want to migrate your outlook mail (from Windows) to Apple's Mail, the first step is to move it to Entourage. There's also a $10 utility that allows you to bypass that step and go direct from Outlook to Mail. http://www.littlemachines.com/

I have a lot of mail...I may drop the $10 and make life a bit easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 (Santa Rosa) with 1gb (will be upgraded to 4Gb), 120GB hard drive
i just switched as well and using both sort of. I do like entourage for the feel of outlook. i tried mac mail but the only thing i like is using the different stationaries that it comes with. Other than that, i am sticking with entourage and i use ical but sync entourage calender in with ical. sorry if this wasn't helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Sorry to change the topic.. But is The Missing Sync really that bad? I need a decent program that I can sync my contacts/calendar events, etc with my mobile phone running Windows Mobile 6, and Missing Sync seems to be the only "good" option.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro 2.66 quad, Ati x1900, 2 500GB drives, 6 mb ram, dual 24"dell monitors
I finally found entourage. I didn't realize that the office 2004 trial was on my mac!
I played with entourage and it is ok. It's a lot different than outlook, but less complicated, which is a good thing.

As for Missing Sync, I have only been using it one day, so I can't really judge, but so far it is confusing. It works, but it isn't really user friendly. I am as geek as they come, and I have a hard time understanding it.

I am going to play with it a few more days to figure out my full opinion.

If the iphone was better, i would get that, but I don't think it's that hot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.