PDF help for dummies?

Reaction score
Hi guys...

i know that this question might seem dumb but i am supposed to do a Portfolio of my art works as a pdf. but i'm not sure how to do it. Could someone give me a hint?

Thankzzz

ciaoz:D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi guys...

i know that this question might seem dumb but i am supposed to do a Portfolio of my art works as a pdf. but i'm not sure how to do it. Could someone give me a hint?

Thankzzz

ciaoz:D

I take it you want to convert some of your images over to PDF? If so, it's very simple on a Mac. You simply print the image from your application of choice and then select the PDF button => Save As PDF in the Print dialog as shown in the attached image.

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
thanks soo much cwa107 for ya fast reply. later on, is it by chance possible to put it on a site and maybe even zip it up to occupy less space if i wanna send it to someone on an email???

Thankzz

Ciaoz

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
I take it you want to convert some of your images over to PDF? If so, it's very simple on a Mac. You simply print the image from your application of choice and then select the PDF button => Save As PDF in the Print dialog as shown in the attached image.

thanks soo much cwa107 for ya fast reply. later on, is it by chance possible to put it on a site and maybe even zip it up to occupy less space if i wanna send it to someone on an email???

Thankzz

Ciaoz:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
from that PDF button cwa107 showed you there should be a pull down menu

select compress PDF to make smaller pdf files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB

Thankzz

Ciaoz:D

If this is a portfolio of your original works, I would not publish it on a web or FTP site without taking certain precautions:
1. watermark your artwork in a prominent, difficult-to-remove location.
2. edit the metadata of your work so that it is undeniably yours
3. edit the security of the .pdf so that the data cannot be printed, edited, or otherwise modified without your 16-character password that uses Upper, lower, $peci@l characters, and numeric keys.

There are other recent threads about watermarking that speak to the reasons you need to protect your artwork.

OP
Funky_Adry
Reaction score
Thankz PerryLynch,

yeah you gave a me a good idea to protect my work. but i'm not sure on how to put the security code on my.pdf file?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.