M-F should become more PERSONAL

Reaction score
Hello,

I just think that M-F should become more personal; like the members should get more options to interact with each other based on interest and hobbies.
But im all idea and no plan,
so i dont know how this would work. We could all start a thread stating something about us thats interesting? idk. Just a thought thats been in the back of my head. I like the facebook group btw.

I also think we should celebrate BIRTHDAYS :D :D :D :D

So lets all wish happy birthday to plusfortyfour!!WOOT WOOT!!(blows party whistle)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Interesting idea. I've seen some birthday threads on here before.

We should have a dating section on the boards. I wouldn't mind getting "personal" with some of the females on here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I wouldn't mind getting "personal" with some of the females on here...

That really wasn't an image I wanted to have.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We should have a dating section on the boards. I wouldn't mind getting "personal" with some of the females on here...

Yea, cuz having a bunch of horny guys isn't going to turn off the women from this forum :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Interesting idea. I've seen some birthday threads on here before.

There are female's that use this forum? Keep dreaming!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Either that or dudes who pretend to be females... :Oops:

cringes, good point. It seems like you don't have a problem with the ladies; I see some cute, curvy girls hovering around you at this very moment.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there are some women on this board for sure.

Kash has it right though. adding more guys who oggle and make them feel like objects or targets rather than equal contributors will certainly drive some of them away.

Tanner, did you add this request to the survey (see the very top of the page)?

M

MacHeadCase

Speaking as a woman, I can tell you that if I joined a forum and the guys behaved like they were looking for easy pickups in sleazy bars, jeez, no thanks.

One of the things I appreciate at M-F is that, unlike another forum I used to hang around a few years ago, there aren't these endless half (or completely) naked women pictures in the desktop thread. I think guys here don't have an issue in thinking they have to post these kinds of pictures to prove they are real men.

So thank you from a gal, guys! :)

As for the birthday threads, I have started a lot of them, when I have the time, but post them in the Anything Goes forum because it's kinda like the members' lounge forum. IMO, that's where that type of thread should be. I usually look at the member's profile first though and if it isn't someone that hasn't shown up here in, say nine months, chances are he/she won't come in to look at the birthday wishes either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Tanner31593 said:
Hello,

I just think that M-F should become more personal; like the members should get more options to interact with each other based on interest and hobbies.
Threads like the ones you have suggested have already been done. There are varied and sundry threads that tell a bit more about a member, should they choose to reveal that information. They are all over the forum, though most reside in the Anything Goes forum. Some good examples are:

What song are you listening to right now?

Mac-Forums Mug Shot list

The OFFICIAL what do you drive thread!

Let's See Your Pets!

etc, etc., etc.

There is even Mac-Forums IRC Chat

I don't know how much more personal you need to be with people or how much more you can interact with someone over the internet on a forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can just see it now...

Boy: Hey baby, wanna cyber?
Girl: OK
Boy: Check out my large hard drive.
Girl: Oooohh, you're making my matching pair of 1GB SO-DIMMS tremble.

LOL, sorry, I don'tmean to offend anyone.
I agree with MHC. It's refreshing to visit an adult forum without the "adult" content.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I'd like to see an AIM screen name export file option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
On another forum I moderate (cars) there was an Italian guy (nice chap), but he used to pounce on any new female member.

We had to tell him to calm down as he had scared a few off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
them dang iTalyens...
(its ok for me to joke, i are one)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there are many other websites for everyone to get to know eachother more personally such as facebook and myspace and all the other things out there....i personally think that there is no need for us to get all personal on this sort of forum

there is the mac-forums facebook page as well just search for it
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
There is the M-F Bar and Grill thread! :)

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
there are many other websites for everyone to get to know eachother more personally such as facebook and myspace and all the other things out there....i personally think that there is no need for us to get all personal on this sort of forum

there is the mac-forums facebook page as well just search for it
-chris

True. Still, IMO i think it would be cool to know more about the people who help me on a regular basis.
I think the user bars are pretty cool and easy to get to know what other people are like. I set out to get one today and i was doing an animator with like 10 of them in there and i only had to find one more then safari froze. AGH. Wouldnt be such a big deal if i didnt have dial up...

There is the M-F Bar and Grill thread! :)

Ah yes, i have recently found that thread!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Either that or dudes who pretend to be females... :Oops:

We have busted someone who did this. So watch out fellas. :*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
True. Still, IMO i think it would be cool to know more about the people who help me on a regular basis.

That's up to each individual member how much they choose to reveal about themselves. There really isn't anything the staff can do, nor do we want to, in order to force people to become more open.

I think the user bars are pretty cool and easy to get to know what other people are like. I set out to get one today and i was doing an animator with like 10 of them in there and i only had to find one more then safari froze. AGH. Wouldnt be such a big deal if i didnt have dial up...

Just make sure your userbar signature fits our forum rules signature guidelines for physical and file size.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.