Are Mac's rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I am hearing/reading comments like the one below more and more - is there any truth in them?

Try not to be biased now.:Oops:

First, you have been told to buy a PC, not a Mac, even for Video Editing. Nobody, I repeat, nobody serious in the industry is using Mac anymore, PC do a better job, that's why. Macs are for pretty "marketing ladies" who want to impress their clients when doing a presentation. A few "pros" can manage iMovie but at what cost ? they are the exceptions, not the rule.

Second, you assumed that adding more RAM or disk space will fix things, while in reality Macs can't handle large files, the only way to do it is through fiberoptic network disk because the disk controller on Macs can't hack it. The batch excuse is not an excuse for an inferior machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Reaction score
Jack London must have written that silly diatribe, too, though his syntax would have been correct, at least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Wow. That quote is pure FUD. And what "pros" would use iMovie to do their work?!

So... do tell - where on Earth did that quote come from? Sounds like the person who wrote it hasn't used a Mac... I love the "disk controller" nonsense!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm curious where you got that quote.. especially for video editing, final cut pro is the best way to go.

dell xps are for the "pretty marketing ladies" ;)

(just kidding)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The SATA controller on the Macs motherboard can not handle it? hahahahahaha. Sorry, the motherboards are mostly designed by Intel and use the same Intel Chipsets as any other PC that uses Intel.

And I agree with Digitalscrap, iMovie is for HOME usage. Pros use Final Cut Pro (Studio).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
You can't walk into an editing room and not see a G5 or Mac Pro, that quote is a load of junk.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I am simply asking a question - as I feared, a few of you have taken this as an attack and jumped in to defend.

Generally I like my MBP very much, and it's true I should be beyong i-movie by now but that is irrelevant.

It is the alluding comment about the media industry switching to PC's that prompted me to start this thread, but don't take it as an attack on your beloved machines. I have noticed that Mac lovers hate PC's why?

Are these the same people who hate cats for the insanely childish reason that they are lovers of dogs?

I love my Mac but have been dissapointed of late.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Um, I don't hate PCs. Windows Servers (and their problems) pay for all of my bills. ;) No one is taking the quote as an attack - what we are saying is that the quote is completely untrue.

The comment about the media industry switching to PCs is simply false. The talk of the disk controller nonsense is false.

I don't think that most Mac users hate PCs, but we have chosen Macs to use instead. I do think that a lot of PC users hate Macs, and have no reason why. Or, they have false reasons like the quote you posted.

If anything, the quote's assertion that Macs are for "marketing ladies" is the attack here, since everything else in the quote is a fallacy...

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
^ That's the kind of answer I was hoping for - thanks.

I think many PC users hate Macs because they are secretly jealous, it's like the Nissan owner saying to the Lamborghini owner - "Well mine does more miles to the gallon".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I hate cats. Not kidding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
After having been forced to fix Windows computers for the last few days, I now fully appreciate my switch to Macs. OS X is so much more hassle-free than Windows that I am really close to never troubleshooting a PC ever again.

That quote is pure nonsense. Seems to me that you're just looking for a fight rather than looking for an unbiased response. A quote like that serves no other purpose than to rile people up, and I'm not going to assume you're naive enough not to have seen it. If you want a response to that quote, look at the massive sales numbers for Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I went to BFA in photography. I almost got my AAS in graphic design. I didn't use a PC for a single class. All digital classes used PowerMacs. Every Mac in the lab was an iMac.
My g/f in college studied cinematography. They ONLY used PowerMacs. She had a iBook at the time.
My friends in Radio and TV only used PC because they used AVID or something which isn't ported for OS X.

If you own a MBP, you must like it, right? If it can handle what you're doing, it's not rubbish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Is this even a serious post? Hahaha if by some longshot you're being serious and not just a jerk the answer to your question is no, and we don't hate PC's at least I don't, I just much prefer Macs and was fed up with windows and it's bloody viruses, had 3 virus programs running and 2 spyware protection programs and still got infected... 3 TIMES!! It was quite a horrible experience.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am simply asking a question - as I feared, a few of you have taken this as an attack and jumped in to defend.

Generally I like my MBP very much, and it's true I should be beyong i-movie by now but that is irrelevant.

It is the alluding comment about the media industry switching to PC's that prompted me to start this thread, but don't take it as an attack on your beloved machines. I have noticed that Mac lovers hate PC's why?

Are these the same people who hate cats for the insanely childish reason that they are lovers of dogs?

I love my Mac but have been dissapointed of late.

I do NOT HATE PC's. I simply told you the truth about the SATA Hard Drive controller and Final Cut Pro. I have and own as many PC's as Macs. Just built up a new PC tonight in fact.

I do not care for Vista and ME though but love XP and 2k back in it's day.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate cats. Not kidding.

Please do not visit me then! :D

You would leave the second you walked in my front door and was greeted by my cats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
From growing up using PCs, to switching a few years back and never looking back, I can say I don' hate pcs. I get frustrated with my old Dell often, but it's a 6-7 year old low end machine. Some things you just need windows for. But when you' re dealing with photoshop or film studios, there is no question the pros use macs. You probably can support the same apps on a pc, people feel the macs just out perform the pcs. It's similar to how IBM dominates the business world. Both OSs have a place and purpose. I personally need my old PC for some games because my G4 can't handle them.

I love dogs but don't hate cats. I hate the ones we have as they wine like no tomorrow, but if a cat is affectionate and playful then I am fine with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I like both windows & mac

both have there advantages and disadvantages

for anything creative i would use my mac
for messing around my pc

or ofcourse bootcamp ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.