I'm a Leopard Noob !

Reaction score
Leopard is THE GOAT !

It's sexy and smoking, but for the great leap forward, there seem to be little steps back ...

1 Firewall - I don't understand why they made the firewall worse than Tiger's, I like to have more advanced options.

2)Disk Utility- Very slow in repairing permissions !

3) Software Update - Slower than Tiger ...

4) Quicktime- When you mimimize videos in Tiger, you can see them playing on the dock, in Leopard not so .. why ?

5) AddressBook- No bluetooth for sending contacts .. what was Apple thinking?

6) Battery - Is it me, or off battery Leopard seems to eat the battery quicker than Tiger ..

To be sure, these are minor inconveniences and don't in any way impact Leopard, I have no problems with the 3d dock and translucent menubar like many seem, maybe I'm more willing to accept change.

The new Finder is excellent and overall grey theme makes Mac OS seem more professional in my opinion.

My opinion, in an upgrade, you don't remove features that are better, hopefully further updates will fix the above, I'm sure there are more, I'd love to hear about missing/removed features in Leopard compared to Tiger !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Leopard is THE GOAT !
CAT a Leopard is a CAT not a goat.
It's sexy and smoking, but for the great leap forward, there seem to be little steps back ...

1 Firewall - I don't understand why they made the firewall worse than Tiger's, I like to have more advanced options.
i prefer the new firewall settings. not as advanced, but much easier to use. especially for people who aren't computer savvy, the tiger's firewall settings would be so much more intimidating to them
2)Disk Utility- Very slow in repairing permissions !
i noticed this too
3) Software Update - Slower than Tiger ...
my software updates took just as long as they would
4) Quicktime- When you mimimize videos in Tiger, you can see them playing on the dock, in Leopard not so .. why ?
probably 'cause that took resources to do, and who wants to watch a movie in the dock? now those resources are free to do other things
5) AddressBook- No bluetooth for sending contacts .. what was Apple thinking?
i have no bluetooth devices..
6) Battery - Is it me, or off battery Leopard seems to eat the battery quicker than Tiger ..
are you sure that maybe your battery isn't just getting old?
To be sure, these are minor inconveniences and don't in any way impact Leopard, I have no problems with the 3d dock and translucent menubar like many seem, maybe I'm more willing to accept change.

The new Finder is excellent and overall grey theme makes Mac OS seem more professional in my opinion.

My opinion, in an upgrade, you don't remove features that are better, hopefully further updates will fix the above, I'm sure there are more, I'd love to hear about missing/removed features in Leopard compared to Tiger !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.