• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Adding functions to the end of a video

Reaction score
Adding hyperlink to the end of a video

Hi all.

I am about to start on a project where we will provide short 30 sec long safety animations that will be shown on different companies' Intranet. The animations are downloaded from our external server.
At the end of each short animation I need to add a "picture" with links to other animations on this external server. I guess i need to import the video into Flash (maybe??) or are there alternative ways?
The animations themselves comes in wmv or mpg but can be converted to any file format.

Best regards from the Swedish west coast,
Bjørn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
my thought would be to use the Flash idea. i know that WMV files can have things added into them (mostly with licensing stuff) but that would almost limit you to a Windows only platform.

Flash would be your best bet.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi dj_hype

Thanks for your hint. Do you know of any alternatives to Adobes giant package which as I understand is the only way to buy Flash. What I need to do is just a tiny stupid job and I feel it is way OVER KILL to buy Flash from Adobe.

Any other program out there that might do this job?

//Bjørn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Have the company you are doing this for buy Flash. It's the best way to do what they want. If they don't want to buy it, perhaps they should lower their expectations. If they do buy it, it will take awhile to learn because Flash isn't exactly what I'd call "intuitive".

The other way you can do this is to write some HTML or javascript so that when the movie stops, an HTML page with an image loads, and the image itself will need to me mapped with links.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.