I Have No Sound

Reaction score
this may sound strange..but for soem reason i dont know what was done..but i have no sound. i push the volume up or donwn button and i get a little circle with a line through it, and of course i have no sound. also in the process of my frustration to get it back i did something so that whenever i click somewhere i puts a big black square around it. how do i get rid of this.

OP
R
Reaction score
all my apps have no sound., not just firefox., and the sound icon in my menu bar is missing., it seems to be doing some weird thigns as well. i click where the sound icon should be and i get the spinning wheel of thinking and the icons disapear for a second then come back, but with stillno sound.

M

MacHeadCase

I know but try what is suggested in the thread anyway. That workaround wasn't just for Firefox...

OP
R
Reaction score
tried the garage band thing..it will not let me play anything.. the keyboard comes up but it will not let me play notes.. audio midi setup doesnt let me do anything at all. itunes will not play music either. it says its playing but time stands still. the only thing i can remember is my computer saying there was an update..but i didnt really know what it was for.. but i almost always do them so i hit ok and my computer restarted.

OP
R
Reaction score
i found the solution on another forum, in case this happens to someone else.. like it obviously has happened before.

Reset the PRAM and NVRAM by doing the following steps:

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.