• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dr Who

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have noticed that there are a lot of people on here with Dr Who Avatars

How popular is it in N America ( and elsewhere)

Just watched the Christmas episode, Kylie Minogue looked rather nice

M

MacHeadCase

Kylie Minogue, she's Aussie, yes?

I think she used to go out with Jacques Villeneuve.

I have to admit I have no idea of this TV show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I've been a fan since the late 1970's. Still hold Tom Baker as the quintessential Doctor...

Jelly babies, anyone? ;-)

These last two actors portraying the part are doing a great job, though I feel that the stories need a little more work. This past year wasn't the greatest of seasons, story-wise. And, they are running the concept of him being the last time lord left to the ground. They are running themselves into a dead end by continuing that particular story line.

I heard there could be a possibility in seeing Billie Piper returning... any truth to this?

OP
louishen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The next season sees a new actress called Katherine Tate as his assistant (she's a comediene)

But, yes, Billie Piper and Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) will appear in some episodes.

As for Billie Piper, she's just done a series called Belle de Jour about a call girl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
I actually thought this episode was real good cant wait for the next series i though the final episode of the last series was brilliant!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I didn't realize that Dr. Who was still in live production. That is great news. And I agree that Tom Baker was the best of all the Drs I have seen to date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
The next season sees a new actress called Katherine Tate as his assistant (she's a comediene)l

I honestly can not stand that woman! even more of a reason not to watch it!

As for Billie Piper, she's just done a series called Belle de Jour about a call girl

thats a good book apparently, the misses loved it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I used to watch the Afro doctor with my dad when I was a lot younger. The new series is pretty good though. I only catch episodes here and there, so it's not entirely beat to death with me yet. I think out of the new dr.'s, the real serious almost shaved head guy was my favorite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.