• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Magic

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll
My name is Meraux Dantes and I am an entertainer here in St. Augustine, Fl.

I recently switched to Mac. I am very happy with it.

I purchased the 17in macbook pro

* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1680 x 1050 pixels
* 2GB memory
* 160GB hard drive1
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM

I have the ability to edit HD quality footage and I am wanting to purchase a camera. I need a decent, not too expensive, portable , good quality camera, i am wanting to either shoot footage for the website and possibly for dvds, O work in some darker tapas restaurants and outside occasionally for PR and publicity, and was wondering if ya'll had any recommendations... I would really appreciate it.

MD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
First, try here:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89216

That should give you a little bit of info on what to look for in a camera and some recommendations as well.

If you're looking for an inexpensive HD cam, I'd say the Canon HV20. I know a fair amount of people in the Indie community who use them if they need to go HD. It should run you around a $1000 bucks. From there, HD only gets more expensive.

I (like in that post) recommend MiniDV as it is still used as an industry standard (aside from the new P2 cards).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.