Macbok Pro Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2.33Ghz Late 2006 MBP model. I run Tiger/Bootcamp XP on it and I wanted to update my video drivers to Omega Drivers found here http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Can I just download and install the new drivers rather than uninstall the current ones? I did this once and had to restore because it gave me a critical error. Has anyone had any problems updating Omega drivers?

thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have not tried the omega drivers on my MBP - same model as yours - so I have no first hand info for you. However, just my sense from the few threads I've seen related to them have indicated mixed results with them, mostly not so good.

Have been using strictly ATI cards on my Win boxes for almost 10 years. Gone through too many issues dealing with ATI drivers during that time. I learned the hard way, never install new ones without first removing the old ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.