When to buy

Reaction score
After reading around on the web (the links escape me at the moment lol), I've seen much talk about the Mac Pro lineup changing in the first quarter of 2008. Just wondering if any of you know when this is likely to occur based on past upgrades to Apple lineups.

I'd really rather not wait, but I'd hate it more if I buy a $5000 Mac Pro only to find that if I had waited till March I could have bought one for the same price, but it be twice as fast (or something like that).

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you wait long enough there is ALWAYS a new model just around the corner.

Buy what you want now, enjoy and don't worry about what may be coming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
Well I'm not too sure about the pro's or even when the best time to buy is. I'm actually looking/waiting now as well but I did run across a site that basically analyzes when updates for the different systems have occurred in the past and if its a good time to buy based on those. If you've kept up with Apple or bought any of their other products you know they change very frequently. I bought a 5.5G ipod video in the fall of '06 which was the newest thing out and less than a year later a completely new line up comes out. Point is like harryb said you can't even be on top for long and really as soon as your buy in, even if its the first day a product is available you're already behind and outdated since the next model have been in the works for months if not years. But I understand where you're coming from and I would definitely give it some time, at least until after macworld in mid January and then see how it looks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah I just looked up Macworld '08 and I guess I will wait until then to see whats going to happen. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.