I'm typing this from my new iMac

Reaction score
:)

I made the switch.

Now the big question. I have a LaCie firewire external hard drive that contains my CD collection compressed to wmv. When I plug it in to the iMac is OS X going to erase (re-format) it? I don't want to rip all my CDs again - it would take a week. I'm perfectly happy with wmv, I just want to add them to iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The mac will not reformat your disc.

I thought wmv was windows video?

You will have to install Flip4mac to get itunes to play those files, and weirdly change the extension of all those files to .mov - even then I don't know if it will work

It would be easier to convert them to AAC or MP3

easywma can do this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
louishen wma is also music not just video still crap either way. copy all the song over into itunes and it will convert for you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
louishen wma is also music not just video still crap either way. copy all the song over into itunes and it will convert for you

Sometimes, as long as it's not .wma protected.

OP
drh3010
Reaction score
I decided to rip my CD collection to iTunes default AAC (.m4a) audio. I figure Windows Media Player will eventually support the format if it doesn't already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

Reading comprehension. wmv doesn't equal wma

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.